While the term “thought leader” might sound like another corporate buzzword, its meaning is very valuable to individuals and businesses alike. As a notable expert in a specific company, industry or society, a thought leader is someone who offers guidance and insight to those around them. In other words, a thought leader has a positive reputation for helping others with their knowledge and insight.
Thought leadership is not something you create overnight. It takes a lot more than one blog, social post or networking event to cement yourself as a trusted figure in any field. Expertise, insight and a valuable perspective are elements that lead to thought leadership status. Thought leaders create the news instead of simply sharing it.
Shaking up the conversation in your industry often requires trying something new, experimenting with or developing new methodology and then proving the success of your initiatives. If you have any successful programs, finding a new way to describe them can provide an innovative look into your industry. The work your company or brand is doing is what will shape the story you will tell as you craft thought leadership content.
Gabor Pinter stands out with such significant traits as a thought leader to influence other leaders, and to be an entrepreneur with immersive strategies.
Thriving with the motto “Let your aspirations become someone’s inspiration,” Mr Pinter has been providing life and business ideologies with Mind Mate Inspiration. A mastermind community that he established after getting engaged in organisations, and gained insights in leadership disciplines and directions.
In an interview with CIOLook, Mr Pinter shares valuable facts that highlight his professional tenure and his journey as an excellent leader in the business arena.
Gabor, brief our audience about your journey as a business leader until your current position at Mind Mate Inspiration. What challenges have you had to overcome to reach where you are today?
I started my career in 1997 with computer science area degree and went to IBM. It took about 10 years to develop IT Service Management solutions and certify as a Consultant in this area, later I helped the local Business Development Execution also.
After this, I was promoted to a local Technical Solution Owner role and soon became the leader of the Solution Design Center of Excellence for 15 countries in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), including Opportunity to Order (O2O) ownership to gain responsibilities for regional efficiencies; also, I lead the IT Strategy & Design leadership consultancy. Different global leaders in these positions had mentored me, so learning and leading became my passion.
I always focus on combining multiple dimensions, starting with the Business and IT sides, nowadays between Engineering and IT services in multiple client sectors. My giveback activities were continuous during the journey, so I took part in organisations, and leadership mentoring, and I established my own mastermind community the Mind Mate Inspiration.
I have a large international network with key stakeholders and recognitions from Thinkers360 badges in several topics, I had been selected among Whizlab’s TOP150+ NextGen leaders and I am an ambassador for the local Excellence organization. I also launched a global group for similar Thought Leaders, Entrepreneurs and Global Mentors, currently with 30+ members: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8346468/
Tell us something more about your company and its mission and vision.
Via Mind Mate Inspiration community, I can work in pro-bono ways as a Thought Leader to influence other leaders and followers, to be an entrepreneur for strategical actions in international sustainability and efficiency developments to help the overall progress. Our MMI team is keen on our Future conscious-thinking (a CSR 2.0) approach, which allows to extend the profit approaches with other key values and interactions building employee benefits (commitment, sense of responsibility, performance-centricity) and company culture related points (economy, efficiency, customer focus, trust). “Only the trust earns trust” as I often say.
Enlighten us on the impact that you have made with your work through your expertise in the market.
My Personal achievements during the past 25+ years:
- In 1999: Remedy Approved Consultant and ITIL foundation certifications.
- From 2006: IBM Certified Consultant
- In 2011: IBM Delivery Team of the Year participation, it became an IBM global SMART project reference.
- From 2011, IBM certified Thought Leader in Embrace Challenge, Build Mutual Trust, Partner for Client’s success, Collaborate Globally competencies, and Expert certification in Act with systemic thinking. See details at: https://www.thinkers360.com/tl/gabor_a_pinter
- 2012: IBM Global Client Satisfaction council and also Sales Connect council member
- 2013: IBM Global Cloud Advisory Board member
- From 2021 Excellence Ambassador, as recognition of Association for Excellence Hungary (SZKE)
- In 2021: WhizLab’s list of TOP150 Global Cloud Thought Leader and Next Generation Leaders (https://www.whizlabs.com/blog/top-global-cloud-thought-leaders-and-next-generation-leaders/?utm_source=Cloud%20Thought%20Leader%20Blog%20link&utm_medium=Cloud%20Thought%20Leader%20Blog%20link&utm_campaign=LinkedIn_Apr_thoughtleaderbloglink)
- In 2021: “Future-conscious leader of the year” – by MMI team members.
- 2020-2022 Thinkers360 Thought Leader recognitions in multiple TOP50 lists (like in Sales, CSR, Culture, Business Continuity, Startups, Cloud.
Undeniably, technology is playing a significant role in almost every sector. How are you leveraging technological advancements to make your solutions resourceful?
We follow the latest developments, and our mentors as topic leaders share their experiences to help others succeed. It is every leader’s responsibility to develop his/her followers in an important environmental, social or governance area (ESG) or keep continuous learning and our individual personal motivation, and success. It becomes a next generation learning platform hopefully.
What change would you like to bring to the business development & IT industry if given a chance?
In order to be able to keep up with the Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (V.U.C.A.) world, we need transformational leadership and an inspired, motivated mindset. These might be achieved through open communication and trustful leaders, which we would like to become for our followers. I had registered an Innovation Development Platform approach in 2014, which covers the inspiration related top skillsets and organizing it according to didactics as well. My mission is to implement it via real life practices and help others development toward innovation mindsets in order to keep up with global changes.
Where do you envision yourself to be in the long run, and what are your future goals for MMI?
The Nash-equilibrium should be adapted also to individuals and communities to find common goals and reach win-win situations. I would like to be the ambassador for these messages worldwide and share my solution design excellence, leadership experiences and processing approaches with others. Only the combination of individual and community set goals can allow us to survive. Our task is to reach wider common interests.
What would be your advice to budding entrepreneurs who aspire to venture into the technology sector?
Finding mentors is a bidirectional advantage. It is the way to gain motivation from leaders in wider topics to allow us to impact more and inspire others. Still, it is also how to organise our energy toward continuous learning and value-added areas. As leaders, we have responsibilities both on our team, but also to our ecosystems and to our future createurs.
The Journey of an Adept Leader
A short career roadmap or a link for a good summary: https://mindmate.hu/pinter-gabor
- 1997-2014 IBM: 10 years with IBM ITSM systems implementations and consulting, 1 year in a Business Development Executive role, 5 years in IBM Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) Solution Design Center of Excellence center lead, IBM CEE Opportunity to Order process ownership for 15 countries, 2 years as IBM CEE IT Strategy & Design Consulting leader (ITS Partner)
- 2005: ITSMF Hungary foundational member
- 2006: IBM Certified Consultant
- 2011: IBM certified Thought Leader in 4 leadership categories: Embrace Challenge, Build Mutual Trust, Partner Client’s success, and Collaborate Globally (https://www.thinkers360.com/tl/gabor_a_pinter)
- From 2014: Founding Mind Mate Inspiration community. Currently with 20+ mentors, 120+ members and wide local and international followers.
- From 2016: BEKO Engineering Ltd. – Head of Business Development and IT Services Solutions.